Useful Tips to Create a Cool and Compelling Business Card
You already know that if you want to grow your business or professional network, you need an effective business card. But, do you know how to create a business card that is actually useful?
To show you how you can leverage your business card, we have created this infographic. We begin with a short history of the business card and then tell you what you should do to create a tagline that your customers and prospects will remember. Afterwards, you will learn whether or not to include a photo on your business card. Finally, we give you some ideas to help you distribute your cards more efficiently.
Follow the tips in this infographic to expand your network and grow your business.
Click on the image below to see a larger view.
1 - The Business Card Conquest of the World
- Small hand written pieces of paper were used in ancient CHINA as "visiting cards".
- FRENCH oligarchs had a similar practice.
- Business owners in UK started using printed cards to spread the word about their businesses.
- The business card as we know it today was well established in 19th-century ENGLAND.
- In AMERICA the business card was received with enthusiasm by the growing community of small business owners: tailors, bakers, shoemakers, butchers, watchmakers ...
2 - Your Business Card is YOUR MOST IMPORTANT MARKETING TOOL
The format of a great tagline for your personal business card is very simple:
“I help [target market] to [solve problem]”
3 - A Photo on My Business Card?
Here are some tips:
- Do not wear accessories like sunglasses or hats.
- No pets or kids in the photo.
- Hire a professional photographer to do the job.
- Use a headshot only.
- Do not print it on an everyday desktop printer.
- Use the same photo you have on your social media profiles.
4 - GIVE 08 BUSINESS CARD PER DAY to potential clients and customers
- Ask the staff of your local community center if you can leave some of your cards in a visible spot.
- Pin five to ten of your business cards on bulletin boards you find in your local area.
- Include a couple of your business cards with every package of envelope you send.
- If you are sending a present to one of your best customers, attach your business card to it.
- You can leave your business card on the table every time you pay a bill and leave a tip at a restaurant.
- Use the fishbowls in restaurants, coffee shops, and other business to drop some of your cards.
- Since its inception several centuries ago ― whether in oligarchic Beijing or Paris, or in entrepreneurial London ― the business card has become an integral part of the modern business scene.
- Your tagline should communicate in a concise and memorable way the main benefits of your business
- A headshot on your business card can make it easier for people to remember you.
- With a systematic business card distribution plan you will increasingly expand your network and find more business opportunities
LEARN MORE TIPS ON OUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO BUSINESS CARDS
Created by allBcards.com - Your Free Online Business Card Manager
If you enjoyed this infographic, you will certainly love our free guide! It contains 35 useful articles (100+ pages), dealing with business card content, design, printing and distribution. This is the resource you need to create a lasting first impression with your business card. Download it now!
Do you need an easy solution to help you manage all the business cards you receive at networking events and business meetings? Do you want to access all your contacts from anywhere and at any time? We have the solution for you. allBcards is the only contact manager that takes advantage of the visual appeal of the traditional business card.
Save your business cards in the cloud and our system will help you follow-up with your contacts. Our software will tell you how intense your business relationship is with each of them and will remind you when to send a message or make a call to stay top of mind.
Create your free account today and get a copy of our practical guide to business cards (more than 100 pages). You will learn how to create business cards your contacts will never forget.